Pages

Sunnn!

Wow this weekend if feels as if i have not been in England! what is up with our weather...not that i am complaining :) its been a good weekend of fun, drinking and sunshine! i have a brighter outlook on things and the weather is definitely contributing to how good i am feeling :) Apparently it was 27'C today and it felt like it too... a nice day of sunbathing today and yesterday has resulted in some brown bits...and some red bits :/ and more planned for tomoro yay!

Soo whats new..?

Well i had my appointment with the dsn and dietitian friday, and went well! they both said they were very impressed with what i was doing but they did say that i worry to much...about everything which is true on all levels lol! also i test too much and told me to only test before meals and bed which will save my fingers alot of unnecasary suffering :) Also have been told about some new 4mm needles which i can try as of next month :D not only that but they are getting me a bayor contour USB meter next month for free, i think i am lucky to have a good diabetes team supporting me!

I also was told to keep my breakfast ratio the same as it is in the day :S slightly worried about how this will turn out as i was doing 1:10 and they have told me to keep it 1:20 !! we shall see what happens there.....have to do another two weeks of food diarys for the dietitian to look at and then im going to have my first ever HBA1C which i am interested to see i think i will be happy if its below 10 :)

Well i hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend, i know i have :) One more week of work and then i am off for half term..lets hope the weather is nice :D

Until next post...x

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

oooh lucky to be getting a contour usb for free!!

with your ratio, you'll work out what works for you. give what they say a try, but you might find you were right in the first place. same with testing - you'll need to keep doing 2hr post meal checks, else how will you tell if your ratios are right?

it's been BOILING in Birmingham, i don't know how much longer i can take it!!

D_G said...

I know :) I hope they come through for me and looking forward tohorter needles! Well that's what I thought I should still test at the two hour mark! But they both said no becoz if I get a high reang then I panik, which is true but surely it can't be good if I'm going really high after two hours and then coming bak down? Or is that ok just as long as I come back down!?

It has been soo ht here too sunbathed saturday sunday today and got so£e planned for tuesday :) don't worry I am using suncream :p the temp was around 27 today! Not used to the heat lol but won't last long as weather predicts rain for thursday :( got to love the british weather ay?

Post a Comment