Pages

What a difference a millimetre makes..!!

So i had a major mishap last week where my blood sugars were going absolutely mental and i had no idea why! i was eating the same things and injecting the appropriate amounts of insulin yet my pre-meal readings were ridiculously high and despite adding on a correction, the reading was even higher 4 hours after eating! I saw readings of about 15 every day and at one point i think i had to give myself a 16 unit correction just to get below 10mmols! I couldnt understand it so phoned my nurse (about 3 hours after she said she wud call me back..straight away) >:( she suggested that my honeymoon period may have ended and advised me to take extra insulin..which i did and saw no improvent...by wednesday i was pretty ill and had to take the day off work which i didnt want to have to do but i could not work as i was.

The next evening i was out having lunch and realised i had forgotten to pack any needles....um i know bad!! desprately reaching the the bottom of my bag i found one of my old 6mm needles and had to use that.....and hey presto 2 hours later i was hypo!!

So all that hassle just because of 1mm of a needle, i couldnt belive it, obviouslt with my insulin ratios changing the 5mm needles werent delivering the insulin deep enough and so it was like it wasnt working!

So things are sorted now and i am feeling myself again....bit annoyed i now have to use the longer needles but hey i havent really got a choice :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment