Pages

Just a numbers game......

Got my very first HBA1C result.......*Drumroll*........ 6.7 :D

Needless to say very happy with that, shocked it was not higher! i really thought it would have been as only 4 months in to diagnosis and didnt think it would be well controlled...well its made me feel alot better and that i have some control i must be doing something right :)

So all this has got me thinking about numbers...i mean thats all diabetes is at the end of it all just a numbers game where you may win successfully...and also lose really badly! sometimes you may get lucky and other times you may not be so fortunate, and as for the prize at the end of the game? a better chance of living a happy and hopefully longer life even though we all should have been entitled to this anyway....so here are some numbers i have been thinking about relating to the 4 months i have been through on my diabetes journey so far...

2.5 - The millions of people diagnosed with diabetes in the uk alone

210210 - Date of my diagnosis

5 - Nights i had to endure in hospital

24 - My sugar levels that nearly sent me into a coma

540 - The number of times i have injected myself..tho posible its more

2.6 - The lowest reading on my meter...so far

4 - The number of packs of jelly babies/glucotab i have consumed for hypos

896 - The number of times my poor fingers have had to endure a finger prick

18.4 - The current highest reading on my meter

116 - The gramms of carbohydrates in a tub of my favourite ice cream!!


Those are just a few i can think of now, there is probably alot more i could write such as there is not even a number for the times i have been angry, upset or cried my eyes out because of having this stupid disease, the countless times i have thought about the possibility of developing complications late on in life...

So when we think about it...its all numbers...and here is another one:

17 days since i ordered my zebra stripe case!! Hurry up Bayer! :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you wifey :) always here for you if you need me, be that for food, a cry, a film, a gossip or just a general to see me :) i love how i can pop into yours for the loo and end up staying an talking for hours.
lots of love
Char xx

D_G said...

:D i love u tooo and we r officially married....again lol! Thanks hunni love u loads x x x

Post a Comment