Pages

New year....New start


Let me start by saying happy new year to you all :)

Well it appears i survived my first christmas with diabetes! Although i did think back to the previous christmases.....eating selection boxes for breakfast....nuts, chocolates inbetween meals, then the christmas dinner with all the trimmings...followed by a massive bowl of trifle! (yes i really did eat that much!) :) So this year i decided not to deny myself anything and just go careful...i think i did ok had a few highs which was expected but nothing really major and no lows either which i was happy about, but i did jack up a hell of alot of insulin to compensate!

...So the year of 2011 has started and unlike the previous years i didnt make any resolutions as i dont tend to keep them so there is no point really! My year started ok, im now back at work and it feels good to be back into a routine again, not wasting my days sitting around doing nothing as i am used to lol. I became an auntie in december to a beautiful baby girl called chloe :) who is now just over a month old!

I am feeling alot more positive about this year and decided to start taking better care of myself and looking out for number one for a change, to stop worrying so much and enjoy life without letting the d get the better of me.

The year has gone soo quick and my diabetic birthday is approaching fast, i think i have accomplished alot this year and been through alot....coming out the other side as a stronger person and ready to handle anything thats thrown at me in 2011....so bring it on!!!

1 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Nikki
it's Leanne here - i'd like to have a conversation with you about your diabetes blog but feel that the conversation is better in email. can't seem to find your email address on your blog though. hope you can get back to me: leanne at mediayeti.co.uk ?

thanks very much, hun. hope you're okay today! Leanne xo

Post a Comment